The Hutch Fund
Can't see the video above? Click here.
What is the Hutch Fund?
- The Hutch Fund is a charity providing financial assistance to Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS® (SAAR) members experiencing a crisis or catastrophic event. Those eligible to apply include SAAR REALTOR®, Affiliate and staff members as well as their immediate family.
- The funds are maintained and administered by the Arizona REALTOR® Disaster Assistance Foundation (ARDAF) which is a 501(c) (3) corporation (Please verify with your financial consultant about tax deductibility).
How does the fund help?
- Assistance with medical costs
- Financial assistance when a member is not able to work during treatment and recovery
- In home care during a recovery period
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Expenses for day-to-day living
- Patient Advocacy
How can I contribute?
- Encourage those in need to apply for assistance or nominate someone yourself
- Make an individual donation to the Hutch Fund - Checks payable to ARDAF can be mailed to or dropped off at SAAR
- Buy your ticket to the major Hutch Fund fundraising event, STAAR Night
- Become a sponsor of STAAR Night
- Advertise in the STAAR Night program
- Audition for the cast of STAAR Night (must be a member of SAAR)
- Support other fundraising events for Hutch Fund
- To help your colleagues and their families during their time of need
- Click here to read about who The Hutch Fund was named after
How are the requests for assistance handled?
- All requests for assistance from the Hutch Fund are completely confidential
- A committee member or members meets with the candidate to determine how the Hutch Fund can assist
- The Hutch Fund Administrative Committee is comprised of four REALTOR® members, one Affiliate member and the SAAR CEO serving as an ex-officio member
- All candidates are treated with care and respect
- Recipient profiles are used publicly only with the permission of the recipient
How do I apply?
“I feel very fortunate that I am a member of SAAR, that has this great fund, the Hutch Fund, that helps their members, affiliate members, and their families in a time when they may be going through a medical crisis like I did."
-Paula Cotton, Member of SAAR
“The Hutch Fund was a lifesaver. It literally helped save my life.”
-Charlie Stidham, Member of SAAR
The Hutch Fund Administrative Committee
Ad Hoc Director
SAAR President/CEO, Ex-Officio Director
YPN Networking Happy HourWed, Jun 19, 2013Praying Monk
Carefree/Cave Creek RMSThu, Jun 20, 2013Harrold's Corral
Scottsdale Luxury Home TourThu, Jun 20, 2013Gainey Ranch Golf Club, 7600 E Gainey Club Dr
RPR: Agent TrainingThu, Jun 20, 2013SAAR Education RoomRegister here: http://bit.ly/10Jkt91
RPR: Commercial TrainingThu, Jun 20, 2013SAAR Education RoomRegister here: http://bit.ly/11WuJgm